Saturday 21 September 2013

And so it begins...

Hola amigos, welcome to my blog! #bloggergalxo

I feel like an outdated hipster, but I have to admit that with the amount of people I want to keep up to date with my adventures, this is the best way of doing it. I'll try to post regularly and concisely...can't make any guarantees though.

So day 1 went really well! I visited a town called Malpica, which is beautiful and it made me super excited for the year ahead when I'll get to visit many more places like it.

However, what I've been blown away by ever since I got in my dad's car on Friday morning at 5am with my mum's laptop in my bag (she gave me it), is how incredibly blessed I am to have such incredible support back home and all over the world. I have to thank everyone who has said a prayer for me, I have felt them more than ever in the past couple days. For someone who doesn't have a place to live or a friend in the city, I am calm in the knowledge that "God works for the good of those who love him." (Rom 8:28). I can't thank you all enough for the prayers, they are continually bearing fruit.

That's all I'll say for now, I'll leave you with a list of things I have learnt so far:

1. The name Eilidh is not an easy name to have in Spain.

2. When you're alone, music can be a refuge of sorts. I've been listening to copious amounts of Casting Crowns and Foy Vance...can't quite face Dougie Maclean in this fragile state though.

3. I'm determined to be witty in 2 languages by this time next year.

4. God always goes beyond what I expect.

Thanks for reading, I promise next time will be more interesting! I'll throw in a witty anecdote or something. lol. (sidenote: I find myself saying lol more frequently these days. I can't tell if it's cool or not. #dilemma.)

Dios te bendiga,

Eilidh

ps. the name of this blog is a play on the title of a Mumford & Sons song. While their wanderer was hopeless, I am hopeful because there is too much love, beauty and joy in this world for anyone to be truly hopeless. I also love this quote.

No comments:

Post a Comment